Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
 April 17th - Todays shit storm. View previous topic :: View next topic  

therealbooboo
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 150

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:11 am   
Post subject:

Legotim, I hate to say this but being a regular gamer and a Mk fan for all my life I can tell you there are gaming companies which really care about their fans no matter what. I'll give you one example: Bethesda (known for making the Elder Scrolls series). That's the difference between midway and others. If you know something about Bethesda's games you will know what huge amount of work they've put in one single game. The MKteam is not capable of making 10 original characters, and that's the truth. Instead, they want easy money with this "game" and I can tell you I couldn't agree more with DarkSpecter. I too bought my PS2 just because I had the money and wanted to buy MKA,MKDA,MKD. All my life I played mk games, and even when other games started to rise, i was on my pc playing mk2. I loved this game franchise since I was soo small and evolving with it seemed a nice thing but seeing what abomination they are going to release...
I, like many here (or other forums) waited so badly for a great mk8, with new improved graphics and a out-of-this-world fighting system... and we get wonder woman vs sonya! I think they just spat in our face with this and as D.specter said, I can't buy EVERYTHING that has the mk logo on it.
I am not mean and hope not to offend anyone, but I really hope Midway goes bankrupt after all this nonsense and the franchise be sold to Ubisoft or someone who could really put this game back on track.
All this coming from someone who played mk for 15 years.

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:30 am   
Post subject:

Ok, you guys are ridiculous.

Considering I've only been alive 18 years, I've only been an MK fan 13 years, but at least I can give credit to the MK team for trying something new in an obviously dieing series.

Here's what I can give credit to, people who can't read.

READ MY F* POST BEFORE YOU POST, K PLZ THANX

If you read my posts and comprehended a word I typed, I too said I was disappointed in this game not really being a pure MK8 and I was looking forward to a new start.

Let me give you my gaming history. I started playing games on SNES and NES when I was young, first being Mario and then being Mortal Kombat. I fell in love with MK1, that's right the SNES MK1 w/o the blood and fatalities and other bullshit ppl attribute to the game now cause they can't attribute anything else (the story went to plothole shit and the fighting mechanics became copy-past). I too grew with the series, I bought every copy of nearly ever MK game made for the systems I owned. I bought a Dreamcast purely for MK:Gold, a Gamecube for Smash Melee and MKDA, and a PS2 for MKD. Then after watching how MKDA was created and enrolling in a programming course in high school, I knew what I wanted to do with my life.

Now here's where MKA and now MKvsDC come in. Yea, MK is once again dead, I say once again because it was revived once before by MKDA, but saying that this game is the end all be all is utter shit and you need to pick yourself up and look ahead. Personally I though the MK team would have been attributed to defying the fan base when they made MKA. Sure, they had all the characters, but like MKD they were all just clones with slightly different moves, there was no strategy in learning specific movesets as most were the same and could easly be beaten by a button smashing noob getting you stuck in a cheap 1-button combo. The difference was the one thing that did seperate fighters in MKD was their fatalities, but in MKA those became copy paste too.

So putting all this aside, I think we need to look at a few things:
1) MK needs major improvements in gameplay. Take away all the characters in MKvsDC and your left with what would be MK8's gameplay. When this game is released and we do find the gameplay and fighting sucks, then logically the real game would have sucked just as much.
2) New things aren't always bad, or we wouldn't have excellent fighting games like the Capcom vs. Marvel series. Change is change, it needs to be accepted. Sure you may not like it, but that's the way all things are, if we all liked what we had I wouldn't be typing this, I'd be playing the greatest MK game ever on a PS3 in the Carribean.
3) Listen to Ed Boon's interview. He said they were using this to test grounds in the next generation, so stop moping around cause Ed Boon bitchslaped you, just tough it out. There will be a good one on the horizon before you know it and if you want you can put this game behind you.

So no more picking apart my opinion. No more telling me how to think and how I'm wrong, and how we should all be lying around in funeral black crying "why oh why did MK have to step in front of that bus" cause I don't want to. I'll be here waiting for this game and then one of three things: the apocolypse, my early death, or the release of the greatest MK game ever. I won't just complain and I won't turn my back on a series and a team that have been such a big part of my life.

IgaNinja
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 355

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:02 pm   
Post subject:

i agree with your post, im still a fan of the mk worlds but just apart of me died today and its only becuase ed boon has been talking it up about how the next mk will be something weve all been waiting for,then he dishes this out,its like we were all lied to and thats what annoys me the most

In Each of us there burns the Soul of a Warrior

MKgorefreak
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 155

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:38 pm   
Post subject:

This is a huge letdown the only positive thing. I can see is that at least it doesn't have cartoony graphics & since they "renewed" the franchise maybe Mortal Kombat 9 will be the real thing not a spin-off

Jabbawocky
Elder God Jabbawocky
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 2210

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 pm   
Post subject:

How the fuck is this sort of thing new? Crossover gaming is old rope (AVP, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom). We were promised a new Mk a dark MK. Don't get me wrong if you like this thing I'm not gonna hate you for it, its your own opinion. But in my opinion the series has recovered from the near death of the late 90s just to die a decade later. This has nothing to do with trying something new this is about lining pockets with cash.

VainZiler
True Fighting Fan
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 777730

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:05 am   
Post subject:

I think everyone is missing a few key facts:

1. We were promised a new, darker MK. Who says we still wont get that down the road? So what if this new game comes out first. Guess what; they can use this game to iron out the new fighting system and perfect it for the real Mortal Kombat 8.

2. It's not like we WEREN'T expecting a versus game. Though it was only a rumor, man of us were preparing and debating the idea: guess what, we got it now.

3. Think about this: just how many characters in media can say they blend well with MK? Look at Soul Calibur 4, they have Darth Vader and Yoda as guest characters, and we're crying over DC? Granted, Starwars is much better then most any DC comic, but if you want to argue on which series dont blend well, it's safe to say Starwars and Soul Calibur are one hell of a mismatch.

4. So now that MK is being reduced, if you will in standards so that it's more fit with DC. Call me a kill joy, but one thing I'd always expect in a game, and one thing I always complain about, is realisticness within reason. No, Sub-Zero can't just freeze Superman and rip his head off, but at the same time Super Man can't just beat on Sub-Zero like he's a tackling dumby.

5. I'm a hardcore lover of fighting games, and I have been appauled at the other lack of fighting games for the new gen consels. At most, we have:

Dead or Alive 4
Virtua Fighter 5
Boxing/Wrestling
Soul Calibur 4 (to be released)

and now, MK vs DCU. Granted, there could be more that just slipped my mind, but I know there's not many. Now call me crazy, but I am greatful to see we will not only be getting an MK fighting game, but one that breaks new ground for MK and has it paired off against DC comics.

I could go on, but you get my point: don't just asume the game will suck, don't just loose your hope, wait till the game is out, play it, and then be the judge.

IgaNinja
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:54 am   
Post subject:

yeah i agree Vainziler, but it has come as quite a shock really,i mean it might just be a way of introducing MK to the new systems to see how good they can make it and prepare for the Real Mortal Kombat 8 but still...the impact of mk vs DCU is hard,every time i look at my games and the MK dragon i see the shadow of batman... Neutral

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 285

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:52 am   
Post subject:

And the game can play great, but thats not why im annoyed. Its the fact that this whole thing really just pinrolled any chances of any type of explanations or completition of cannoncy and whatever.
I really was imagining something totally awesome.

Fine, MK vs DC, ok. Thats a novelty idea. But not something I can come close to taking seriously. I hate Superman. And knowing that Superman can literally demolish the likes of Sub-Zero (if you want to get all nerdy about it) it just doesnt make any damned sense. But hey, whens the last time MK made any sense right? Razz

Seriously, Im actually now over it.
Im not going to buy it. And thats all there is to it. Wink

No big deal. Im already hitting 30 anyways. I shouldnt be worrying so much about video games. Especially at this point in my life.

I hope you all enjoy it! Sincerely. Smile

Last edited by DarkSpecter on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

IgaNinja
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:30 am   
Post subject:

i played Mario an Sonic Oylmpics te otherday and it was surprisingly great fun with a bunch of friends,it seriously messes you up, maybe...keyword MAYBE MK vs DC will be alright..or as we MK fans have done before we willl bury this game in the sand like MK SF and subzero mythology

I admit i was seriously pissed off at the inital news,but lately ive given it some thought and it might be alright,but im not buying it tho

VainZiler
True Fighting Fan
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 777730

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:28 am   
Post subject:

Hey, I liked Mythology, and granted I haven't played SF enough to give it a proper judgement, I'm sure it can't be that bad.

And I could just be looking at the statement as negitively as possible, but you know TMK is around, if not, is 30 himself. As for myself, though I am just above half of those years (17), gaming is my career as well as a passion to me. I take it as serious business.

Now, as for the first statement, if the whole issue is we have to wait for our actual game story, then that could be more of a good thing then a bad one. Think of it like this: the MK staff always seems to have a problem when it comes to getting everything stuffed into a game that they want to put in it, and often many things concerning gameplay, side fun, and story, get left out due to time restrictions. By putting the real MK story on the back burner for a bit for this title, it gives the staff a refreshing break from their normal work, while still fulfilling their promise about releasing one MK game a year that they made long ago.

If you really wanted to get down to stories of Superman vs Sub-Zero, it would be an even match really:

Subman has what, insaine strength, endurance, and eye beams? Sub-Zero is a well trained martial artist and can freeze stuff. Superman goes in for some wild punches like he always does, but the trained Sub-Zero reverses them and delivers a nice combonation of hits. Then, Sub-Zero tries to go for an ice ball, which is met with Supermans eye laser (I don't even remember if he really had one, I think he does.) the two collide and Superman gets the upper hand. So now Sub-Zero resorts to weapon kombat, which keeps Superman on his toes because granted his endurance can handle it, but he doesn't have the skill to fight back against the unique style.

Again, I'm not much of an american comic book person, so I could have some things off about Superman, but the jist is even though we precieve one or the other as a total suppior, if you just logically break down their abilities, training, and experience, you can find a real even match. It's like Ed Boon said, there are characters from MK and DC that just seem to fit together as if they were meant to be conterparts, the main one so far being Sub-Zero and Batman. Both have dark family related histories, both are talanted martial artists, and both have resourceful minds. It's a great match.

As for wether or not buying the game comes in to play, at least rent the game; why just flat out say it's not worth it and not get it when you've never played it?

CrispyDragon
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 135

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:38 pm   
Post subject:

I feel your pain TMK, Midway are criminally biased towards MKOnline. I've seen so many sites and fans screwed over because they want to give MKOnline a monopoly on exclusives despite others presenting better sites, communities and putting genuine effort into promoting MK. If only Midway would realise that spreading exclusives over many sites will increase the online community more rapidly then restraining it all to one site.

Alas I shouldn't allow myself to go off into a rant. I was personally in utter disbelief and shock when I discovered MK8 would be a cross-over game with DC but I'm slowly warming up to the idea. Well not really, but I'm certainly prepared to give the MK team the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment until more info about the game is released.

The Number One Mortal Kombat Resource

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 285

Items

Post Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 pm   
Post subject:

VainZiler wrote:
Hey, I liked Mythology, and granted I haven't played SF enough to give it a proper judgement, I'm sure it can't be that bad.

And I could just be looking at the statement as negitively as possible, but you know TMK is around, if not, is 30 himself. As for myself, though I am just above half of those years (17), gaming is my career as well as a passion to me. I take it as serious business.

Now, as for the first statement, if the whole issue is we have to wait for our actual game story, then that could be more of a good thing then a bad one. Think of it like this: the MK staff always seems to have a problem when it comes to getting everything stuffed into a game that they want to put in it, and often many things concerning gameplay, side fun, and story, get left out due to time restrictions. By putting the real MK story on the back burner for a bit for this title, it gives the staff a refreshing break from their normal work, while still fulfilling their promise about releasing one MK game a year that they made long ago.

If you really wanted to get down to stories of Superman vs Sub-Zero, it would be an even match really:

Subman has what, insaine strength, endurance, and eye beams? Sub-Zero is a well trained martial artist and can freeze stuff. Superman goes in for some wild punches like he always does, but the trained Sub-Zero reverses them and delivers a nice combonation of hits. Then, Sub-Zero tries to go for an ice ball, which is met with Supermans eye laser (I don't even remember if he really had one, I think he does.) the two collide and Superman gets the upper hand. So now Sub-Zero resorts to weapon kombat, which keeps Superman on his toes because granted his endurance can handle it, but he doesn't have the skill to fight back against the unique style.

Again, I'm not much of an american comic book person, so I could have some things off about Superman, but the jist is even though we precieve one or the other as a total suppior, if you just logically break down their abilities, training, and experience, you can find a real even match. It's like Ed Boon said, there are characters from MK and DC that just seem to fit together as if they were meant to be conterparts, the main one so far being Sub-Zero and Batman. Both have dark family related histories, both are talanted martial artists, and both have resourceful minds. It's a great match.

As for wether or not buying the game comes in to play, at least rent the game; why just flat out say it's not worth it and not get it when you've never played it?

I hope you're right Vain. And about the being 30 thing, that's definitely my issue in terms of my current life situation. I really need to get my sh-t together and to be getting all mad and resentful over a game really isn't something I should be doing at the moment. For TMK, this is practically his side job/hobbie so I definitely respect him for it.

And I can't rent this game to give it a chance either because I don't even own any of the current game systems yet. Embarassed
That's why I was excited about an MK8 release. I was totally ready to buy the system just for that game since Im not currently interested in another game at the moment. Well..maybe except God Of War 3. But thats not out yet. So maybe later.

Ah well. Like I said before, I'm over it. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Total-MK
TMK Grandmaster
TMK Grandmaster

TMK Koins: 22635

Items

Post Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:07 am   
Post subject:

CrispyDragon wrote:
I feel your pain TMK, Midway are criminally biased towards MKOnline. I've seen so many sites and fans screwed over because they want to give MKOnline a monopoly on exclusives despite others presenting better sites, communities and putting genuine effort into promoting MK. If only Midway would realise that spreading exclusives over many sites will increase the online community more rapidly then restraining it all to one site.

Alas I shouldn't allow myself to go off into a rant. I was personally in utter disbelief and shock when I discovered MK8 would be a cross-over game with DC but I'm slowly warming up to the idea. Well not really, but I'm certainly prepared to give the MK team the benefit of the doubt and reserve judgment until more info about the game is released.

Indeed, hopefully Midway will listen to my lastest ranting email about whoe they give exclusives to, we get exclusives and im all for them...but the first image isn't something that should ever be exclusive, its the one thing everyone is waiting to see.

Regards,

The Real Mortal Kombat Episode:[ 1 2 3 ]

Highest Kreate-A-Fatality: 10 (Extreme Fatality)
Latest Kreate-A-Fighter: Zottra
Konquest Mode: 100%
Arcade Mode: Clocked 34/64
Motor Kombat: 1st 5/5

inferno237
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 25856

Items

Post Posted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:45 am   
Post subject:

im honestly unsure about mk vs dc. i will of course give it try but im not

thrilled with the way they are taking this. its like Doom without hell or

ozzy doing a country album it just has something negative about it.

Deadly Elders
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm   
Post subject:

I think that Vain is correct this game in my opinion will be a great game that will show that you dont want to mess with people like Scorpion also I wondering at this moment who I will be first? But the problem is I wont be able to get a PS3 untill Chistmas!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 |