Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Movie and TV Discussion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page Previous  1, 2  
 Just watched Mortal Kombat Conquest and...... View previous topic :: View next topic  

Amphibious
The Shadowy Usurper
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 1010

Items

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:50 am   
Post subject:

I knew you would come to my rescue smiley98. Wink I was too lazy to look up Goro's age myself, I knew you would though.

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 900755

Items

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:43 pm   
Post subject:

Edenia lost to Outworld in Mortal Kombat as far as I recall.

What I like about the show though is that it felt more "real" than it's movie counterparts.

I hope they make a prequel game about Liu Kang and Kung Lao's history, thus explaining the Great Kung Lao better.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Amphibious
The Shadowy Usurper
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 1010

Items

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:20 pm   
Post subject:

I now have every episode of Mortal Kombat: Conquest in DVD quality, w00t w00t w00t! Very Happy *ahem* Anyways, moving on, since I can't really say how I got them *coughtorrentfilecough*

I just watched the first two episodes (though they were both put together on TV as a double-length feature) and I gotta say it brings back a lot of nostalgia and memories. The fight scenes are amazing in it and the story is pretty good. Only qualms I have are some of the voices (Scorpion's voice when he's possessing Takeda is shit). Oh, and Shao Kahn's mask (it looks stupid, they have yet to make a cool looking Shao Kahn mask for the live-action versions of MK). I find it funny how the show has so many scenes of women in skimpy clothing randomly though. Watching the first episode reminded me of how often that occurs throughout the series. Razz

The creators made the best decision for the show to be a success when they killed of Lao's girlfriend. I felt like I was watching V.I.P. or something when she was in there! Laughing

One thing that I also like is Raiden's dialogue. They didn't have Johnny Cage to work with as the comic relief, so they gave that role to Raiden, and man, he does an awesome job of it in the show. It's actually laugh-out-loud stuff on several occasions. The actor for him was also well chosen IMO, as were the actors for the entire cast.

After watching the first episode, I've come the the conclusion that the movies and the series are of the same canon universe (you'll know what I mean if you watch it), which is pretty cool. Of course, there are so many things that happen in the series that are different from the game's canon (like Scorpion possessing Takeda and dieing to Kung Lao for example). Although the series finale makes is so Kahn wins and kills off everyone, this would not of been the case had they been allowed to make season 2. Because I consider both the movies and the show in the same canon universe, I just assume that we just don't get to see how Kahn's plot got foiledm and everyone is revived somehow (this was the idea for how they'd come back in season 2 before the show got axed).

Even though it's not the same canon as the games, it's nice to see an alternative depiction of the Great Kung Lao and his adventures.

Amazing series, defiantly glad I have the whole thing now. Very Happy

Monster
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 55

Items

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:58 pm   
Post subject:

sorry to bump an old topic.

I just finished watching Conquest, 22 episodes in 2 days lol.

I was really pleased with this, it reminded me of a cooler version of the Hercules tv show

I do think they could have done better on Scorpions voice, it kind of took away his "coolness" when he says "Get over here" in that annoying up beat voice

The ending really shocked me too, I didn't see that coming and enjoyed it Smile although I wish they showed Goro, they hinted him in the last few episodes.

I would have loved to see Baraka in it, they could have made him one of the deadliest characters in the show along side Scorpion, Noob Saibot and Sub-Zero, pitty they didn't have enough episodes to develope Smoke, the fusion between Noob and Smoke would have been interesting and created a great enemy for the story arch in series 2

Also, I wish they gave Taja, Siro and Great Kung Lao a honorable death, all we saw was the Shadow Priests jumping and that was it, it would have been alot better if they showed them putting up a fight

p.s Rayden is a comical genious

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 285

Items

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:08 pm   
Post subject:

I just finished watching all 22 episodes myself! Very Happy It took me 2 days to watch it all. lol So I know how you feel, Monster! Laughing

As I was watching the episode, I got hooked into the MK:C world deeper and deeper, building my love for the characters.
I wasnt too happy with Scorpion's origin with Takeda and how they flipped the vengance plot between him and Sub-Zero. A lot of it just wasn't canon to anything. Noob Saibot was its own entity and welp, i stopped favoring the origina story just so i can continue to enjoy these episodes.

And I did.

OMG Omijes!! Sooooo hot! Shocked
And I thought it was funny to see Kristina Locken aka Terminator 3 as Taja.

Overall, the episodes were very satisfying regardless of canon holes and my favorite episode has to be the one where Scorpion fights against Sub Zero.

Now.. the negative.

I saw lots of recycled movie clips throughout the shows and reminded me how this was supposed to be a prequel to the movies.
Keeping that in my mind, it reallllly dissapointed me when i saw the last episode when all the friggin characters got killed off like chumps.
LITERALLY LIKE CHUMPS. Including Kitana! Shocked But yet, in the movie, she's still alive?
So, its not canon.

They shouldve done it another way. End it on a good note. I can understand why some of you enjoyed it.
But for me, the last episode ruined everything. Turned important characters into mush and killed em off without any fight. And Raiden becomes Shao Kahns bitch. WTF is that shit??!

But but... not all a great loss. I had a wonderful ride into the realm of MK Conquest. I just wish it lasted longer.
Heck, I bet if MK Conquest debut now instead of then, it would be doing a whole lot better.
I think. Boring

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Total-MK
TMK Grandmaster
TMK Grandmaster

TMK Koins: 22635

Items

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 pm   
Post subject:

I gotta say, I love the MKC series. But there are things about it that I hate too...most of the episodes are good, have good fights and stories. I don't judge the show if It's not canon, the idea was that it was set 500 years before the first MK tournament...thats fine with me. I think the best episodes are the ones with Quan Chi, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung. I really like the story about "The Crystal (ep 3)" and it was cool how they referanced it agian in episode 8. The thing that sucks about the ending is, they rushed it. There was supposed to be a 2nd season but the show got so popular they were blowing the budget every week...apparently they even made the babes bring there own bra's lol...
What I read was that Kung Lao was supposed to awaken after the last episode and that it was another preminition / dream. You can read more about that on Wikipedia. The main thing that really pissed me off other than the rushed and sad ending was they kept showing Goro throughout the series...the same clip of him in the mines but we never got to see him...Shang Tsung was supposed to meet Goro in the mines and thats who defeats Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat.

Regards,
-TMK

The Real Mortal Kombat Episode:[ 1 2 3 ]

Highest Kreate-A-Fatality: 10 (Extreme Fatality)
Latest Kreate-A-Fighter: Zottra
Konquest Mode: 100%
Arcade Mode: Clocked 34/64
Motor Kombat: 1st 5/5

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 285

Items

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:17 am   
Post subject:

Totally in agreement here, TMK. Definitely an enjoyable series to watch.
Im actually missing it right now Sad . I wish there was a 2nd season.
Quan Chi was definitely one of the show's highlights! Great acting, awesome game referenced appearance and over all just great episodes with him in it.

One other thing that really dissapointed me, was how one of the earlier episodes ended off with a cliffhanger, suggesting "Smoke" would make his debut in the next episode after that. And never does at all. Sad

I was like "Oh shit Smoke! Very Happy " But the episode after that never even mentions it and it just died away.
There were 2 particular cliffhangers that never came through, Smoke being one of them, the other being where Shao Kahn said they were about to go to war and never did.

Anywho, the last episode demolished any chances of a come back in that specific story arc with Kung Lao, Siro and Taja. Very dissapointing. Neutral

They should have left it open, or with a better good tone ending. Even if Kung Lao did die, since according to the story, he did at the hands of Goro anyways.

I pray to the elder gods there will be a new movie soon and tv series following that.

MK needs to keep up with its fans!! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Issac
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 245

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 am   
Post subject:

Been watching it also, on the 15th episode and its probably my favorite one. But Scorpion and Sub zeros plot seems kinda mixed up. Scorpions the one who tries killing Sub zeros family lol. But ya it has its ups and downs.

Claudio_fd
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 30

Items

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:54 am   
Post subject:

just one question:
taja and siro were made up for mk: conquest... ther were no references to them before...right??

IgaNinja
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 355

Items

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:52 am   
Post subject:

Claudio_fd wrote:
just one question:
taja and siro were made up for mk: conquest... ther were no references to them before...right??

correct'a'mundo, they were created for the series as support characters.

In Each of us there burns the Soul of a Warrior

Claudio_fd
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 30

Items

Post Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:54 am   
Post subject:

thank you! i knew that it was strange the fact that they were never in a mk game...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page Previous  1, 2 |