Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> Fan Fiction
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    
 Behind the Veil View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the narrator of the story?
Kitana
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Mileena
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

mGlottalstop
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

blank.gif

TMK Koins: 10

Items

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm   
Post subject: Behind the Veil

Name: Behind the Veil
Author: Joey ("xxBoppingAllTheWayxx", "mGlottalstop", "EdenianBoinker", "Sindels_Lover")
Notes: This story takes place before MKII.

---

Growing up, we were inseparable. Two peas in a pod, joined at the hip, each others' second shadow. What else can you expect from twins? I knew her every move, emotion and thought before even she did, and in return she knew my every impulse, desire and need. The bond that existed between my sister and myself was almost tangible. Everyone, from the Shokan to the Centaurs, knew that we belonged together, and together was how we'd always planned to stay.

Until I met him.

He was everything I had always craved in my life. He was... excitement personified! His ability in battle was more than I thought I could ever achieve, but I felt that I would never want to engage him in kombat. If I were to win, my heart would lose, and if he were to win, my life would not be worth living. Such is the peril of a Princess in love.

But he corrupted my mind, and turned me against the ones I loved. My sister, my dear, kind and attentive sister, knew what was going on. She never said anything to me, but I could see it in her eyes. Sadness, tinged with jealousy and sprinkled with hurt, shone from her gaze, her soul clearly on display for all to see. But, I was blinded by the love for him. Blinded by my own emotions.

He continued to poison my mind, corrupting everything that I held dear. My father, the one man whom I had always treated with courteous respect, became a mere obstacle in my quest for power. My lover whispered words of treason into my ear, sending shudders of both pleasure and pain through me. I held enough of my spirit to know that what he was saying could get us both killed, but that tiny spark of rebellion in me ignited, fuelled by his propagandistic mutterings.

With Shao Kahn no longer on the throne, the path would be clear for my, our, Ascension, and the start of a new era for the Outer World. The land was rightly mine, I could feel it in my blood. The colour of the landscape, a faded blend of blues and purples, matched by own personal preferences. It was like fate was calling me, tempting me with promises of power, of position, of pleasure. And, so help me God, I gave in.

I worked alongside my sister until it became too late to turn away from my clandestine lover. His hold over me was absolute, his wish was my command, and I followed every order given to me. From within, I worked night and day to destroy my father's empire. It was sweet justice, in my eyes. He had taken the youth of my sister and I, and twisted our minds into his obedient servants, serving only to follow his every whim as one of a trio of assassins. My sister, a childhood friend, and myself. Three femme fatales that nobody wanted to seduce.

As I continued my covert operations, I felt the twinly bond between my sister and I weaken, and I knew she felt it too. Whenever we made eye-contact, it was obvious that we were both hiding something. The pain that was once barely discernible in her eyes now overshadowed any of the hope, the enthusiasm, the joie de vie that permeated her gaze as a teenager. Where we had once confided everything in each other, there now stood a chasm of secrets. It hurt my heart and my soul, and my sister. The pain was unbearable, and knowing that we both felt it, that made it no easier to endure.

Growing up, we were often told that by dressing similarly, we were identical. Hair pulled back, clad in lycra, with a mask covering our pretty jaws. Identical.
I am a Princess of the Realm of the Outer World, plotting the downfall of my father, The Emperor Shao Kahn. How identical am I to my sister, now?

Fin.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
|