Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> General MK Discussion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
 Mortal Kombat Rebirth (KRAP!!!!!) View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kallisto
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 90

Items

Post Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:41 am   
Post subject:

It was a good short film in this fan's opinion. It was like watching a fanfiction turned into a movie, Mortal Kombat: Alternate Universe. The fight between "Baraka" and Cage was great. Reptile's little origin story did not resemble the MK Reptile at all but that didn't stop me from loving this one too (I was even creeped out by this one, and folks that's a rare feeling for me to have). I agree this didn't feel completely like Mortal kombat. But I say that to both Past MK movies. I have so many grievances about those 2 films so I'll start with my favorite:If A lady wears Jade's outfit and acts like Jade but then pulls a 180 and betrays Kang and Gang then nope It's not Jade. I believe you can't completely capture Mortal Kombat in just 1 or 2 movies. All the individual stories between just those 3 games alone are too rich and full of potential for those stories to be shortened down to 100 minutes to keep moviegoers happy.

The Mortal kombat I want to see is NOT a movie but a television series (I would prefer Animated like Anime but not too cutesy looking) that's faithful to the story of Mortal kombat and all the great things about it. The Story, The gore,The characters and the mythology are what puts this series head and shoulders above all the other Fighting games. I say that firmly believing it could be succesful and a good translation to the series. Until then An entertaining take on the series is better than the crap movies that are out nowadays.

With All that said I don't Think it'll get picked up until WB is desperate or MK 2011 is succesful comparable to SFIV.

Raydonraidenmk
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:24 am   
Post subject: Anger bout bad trailer

[quote="bloodyshadow"]Well well well, I had to SEE it for myself. I scoraged the whole internet watching as person after person laid praise to this abomination to the franchise.

i couldnt think of a better way to explain this... an abomination it is. now i know tht my oppinion is not respected as i am only a tmk visitor but i was a sage befor. I had made an account a long time ago and then stoped using it cause all these pittiful shits called mk deception and armaggedon and even deadly alliance wasnt tht good started coming out. Later i seen news of mortal kombat 9 and then a couple weeks later witch was about yesterday i came on and forgot all my information so i made a new account witch is the one i have now. But when i seen news of mk 9 i also seen news of mkrebirth. I was angry and i looked into and now i have the whole story but anyways it is not mk its shit in my oppinion. and even the open minded should frown opon this shame. I am actuly a very respected mk fan tmk visitor or not, ive written for mk warehouse ive done and worked on annimation for the kombat pavillion i used to help out daves mk but idk wat happened to tht site i think its gone now.i have articals written in raiden zone but tht website is gone now too and ive added stuff to the mk wikipedia but with my old account on tht site. So if any one wants to critizize me then fine but remember i was a sage befor and ive gotten mk a lot of expousher.

Empyrean
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 35

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:30 am   
Post subject:

I would have to say that this little short is in no way a shame or pile of crap towards the name of MK. It is a fresh and interesting take on an old idea that needed to get as far away from the true abomination that was MK:Annihilation. That was a crap fest if there was ever a crap fest. The only movie worse then that was Street Fighter the movie. Just because this movie does not follow the fantasy aspect of MK, does not make it a piece of crap. It only makes it different. If you think about it even the first movie does not really give MK justice. I personally think that if done right this can be a very nice contribution to the MK franchise.

Raydonraidenmk
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:16 pm   
Post subject:

well i gess just like ed boon said its just like another mk univesse and he compared it to how comics have differnt universes so i gess maby it could be good but personaly i still dont think it will be good.

Scorpion326
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

Items

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:04 pm   
Post subject: Freaking Sucks

The movie frekaing sucks, If it happens I will stop playing MK and watching movies which I played the games from teh first and watched all movies, Scorpion as human, really? the stupid director must suck sooo hard he made this trash.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Albert Simon
Demon Slayer
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 2147483147

Items

Post Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:43 pm   
Post subject:

I'll give the film a chance. It looks like it can be watchable. Sure enough it doesn't have a lot to do with the games but who cares?
No matter how bad it is it can't be much worse then MK The Movie or MK Anihilation.

"Why should people trust me? They don't have any reason to, yet. Distrust is human nature. Distrust creates doubt and doubt causes people to miss judge the intention of others. But people can change, can't they?"

"Time changes nothing, the world today is still filled with madness and rage."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Scorpion326
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 pm   
Post subject: Wrong.

I am sorry, but the first MK movie was epic, ture too teh serious and quite a ncie storyline, and this will be worse than Annhilation, ALOR worse.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Kallisto
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 90

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 am   
Post subject: I respect your opinion But I disagree.

Some of the actors were great to watch but that doesn't stop it from being bad.
The only great thing that came out of it was Kano gaining an Australian accent which has worked for him ever since. But Reptile was turned into an oversized Jurassic Park reject who fell into a statue and ,for some random reason, he turned into a ninja. No Sub-Zero and Scorpion feud made me angry. And the best worst thing? Scorpion's spear snake I hated that thing so much. But I will say there were things I liked about the film because I don't want get into a hate-filled rampage on MK and MK Annihillation. Some of the actors were great in the roles they played: Kano,Sonya,Tsung and Cage and even an un-Raiden like Raiden were great to watch and the fight with Scorpion and Johnny Cage was entertaining despite that stupid snake thing. Saying it was bad is a bit much but it could have been so much more than what it was.

Also who said Scorpion was Human? Judging from his eyes I think he is the same hell-spectre as he is in the games but they just don't know it. At the moment we'll just have to see if it will indeed happen. One thing that is for sure is that Mortal Kombat fans will be split on if it sucks or if it is good. So at least it would gain some fan feedback rather than the universal "Blech!" Mk: Annihilation had and still has.

itachi2099
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 80

Items

Post Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:03 pm   
Post subject:

It looks awesome in my opinion! Boring

machinegoblin
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

TMK Koins: 50

Items

Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm   
Post subject:

I thought it looked pretty sweet actually... so is it legit or a fake? If it's legit, when's it out?

My guess would be straight to DVD, but who's complaining?

Can't wait for MK9. It's good to be back... Cool

"My Kung Fu is stronger!"
myspace.com/machinegoblin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 |