Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
 April 17th - Todays shit storm. View previous topic :: View next topic  

TangLung777
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 pm   
Post subject:

Thos is relatively f'd up. Do we laugh or cry? This is really painful. Why is Ed Boon screwing up the old gen? I don't get this. Please let this be a non canon spin off! But if not and this game will be awful(likely), We'll always have the past generation and meories of it to cheerish. I guess MK is dead now.

scorpio
NINJA
TMK Kid Thunder

TMK Koins: 85

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:58 pm   
Post subject:

i wanna give a big round of applause to ed boon for officially killing mk.

any mk collectors out there? i know you are tmk.

im offically done with mk.

as is my best friend. he is selling off his collection.

mine will be the next to go.
click here

it was fun while it lasted.

goodbye all

Official youtube channel

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Amphibious
The Shadowy Usurper
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 1010

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:14 pm   
Post subject:

As sad as this is going to sound, hear me out first - they game looks like it would be somewhere enjoyable. They've got the free-fall fighting and some other new aspects which seem like great additions.

That said, the decision to have DC characters in it makes this game from a buy-the-day-it-comes-out to a one-time-rental I think. It's almost impossible to take this game seriously, even though Boon stated they were going to explain the merger of the two universes and such in the story. I was expecting MK8 to be totally dark, serious and show a post-apocalyptic MK universe after Armageddon. Instead we got Batman fighting Sub-Zero, what a joke.

Believe me, I share all of your frustrations with this decision. It feels almost as bad as Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games (which I have not played and never will). Maybe MK8 can be considered not part of the official canon and we'll wait for MK9. Rolling Eyes

Of course with the shitty sales MK8 will get, I'm kind of hoping Boon gets the message that we will no longer buy MK games because they're called "Mortal Kombat", and somewhat hoping the franchise dies flat out after this game flops out as penance for making such a stupid decision to merge DC and MK.

TangLung777
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:32 pm   
Post subject:

I agree with what you said there. I'm definitely going to give this a shot probably by downloading the demo. It's not gonna be taken seriously in terms of story, but might be enjoyable.

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 285

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:35 pm   
Post subject:

This game might crack sales, but only because of the hype.
So much controversy. So much hate for Boon by loyal hardcore MK'ers.
I too was waiting and hoping for that post apocalyptic Mortal Kombat.

But this is pure bullshit.
I dont even care how well the game plays. You dont mix Batman with Mortal Kombat. You just DONT.

Dont get me wrong. I think Batman is badass. But you DONT mix him up with a realm of mortal kombat fighters.

I know that street fighter and marvel were two very different things and worked. But it worked because they were both on similar super fantastical grounds. Both properties werent dark and violent. And the art style fit perfectly.

DC comics is nothing close to being exciting like Marvel Comic characters.
Theyre boring. Most of them. And you hardly see any comics by DC. Its mostly Batman. Batman Batman Batman. And oh god... did we forget Superman is in this game?
Who the hell wants to play as Superman.. and why. And wait a minute...ahhh forget it.

Id love to see what Boon has to say about mergin these two universes.
And I draw comics for a living!!!
And I hate this!!!

Ok ok... I think I ranted long enough. Gosh.. I guess I might even sell my cosplays for halloween. lol... took me so much time to make them. My ermac suit isnt even complete yet and I was hoping to. But now.... blagh.
Crying or Very sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

TangLung777
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:40 pm   
Post subject:

Are guys forgetting the entire MK universe meaning the past one because of this? Cmon the oldies will always be there, to enjoy and have memories of. Keep doing your Ermac suit dude. If the MK VS DC sucks ass, forget that game then. But why forget the of the story of the other games?! I don't get this! Please let this be a spin off and non canon!

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:15 pm   
Post subject:

I think that all loyal MK fans who are upset by this news are forgetting one very inportant thing: it's Mortal Kombat.

Like a lot of people, I was upset when I first heard the news too. I was expecting a new MK; new characters (with at most one old fighter returning), a new story, a brand new game. Instead we have a totally out of the blue vs. game (how many decent DC fighters have there been?) with a returning MK roster (meaning same old faces I had just gotten over giving up for a new generation).

But like I said, it's Mortal Kombat. The truly loyal fans will ride on the hype all the way to it's release, buy it, and treasure it as all MK games (even Special Forces Rolling Eyes) should be.

I went to sleep last night with a lot of mixed reactions about MK vs DCU, but after watching the trailer and interview posted on GameSpot I actually can't wait. I want Mortal Kombat!

As for it not being rated M, so what, there will still be blood, and after MK:D's over-the-top fatalities, and MK:A's not so original Create-A-Fatality I don't mind a step away from them. They were getting old in a been there , done that, kinda way, losing all the shock they once had. If anything I'd like to see SNES MK1 fatalities, so you still have the satisfaction of finishing your opponent while still keeping it under M. Really though, how many times can you see Sub-Zero rip off Batmans head before it goes from "OMFG that was freakin' AMAZING!!" to "Oh, Batman's head came off." I'd say 5 on average.

I say relax and if you are really mad, just wait for the real MK8 (assuming this game is non-cannon).

edit: it also helps that I'm a fan of comics and don't know who I'm more excited to fight as first, Batman or Scorpion.

doug
Mortal Kombat Is Back
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 2147482747

Items

Post Posted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:22 pm   
Post subject:

The thing is in your post right there your stating that all the true mk loyal fans right here are gonna buy the game for sure. But i can tell your right now i wasn't lying when i said im not going to buy it. I can spend my money elsewhere on a better game that the company actually cares about it's fans to please them. Right now what midway needs is for poor sales to happen on that game and they'll wake up and realize true mk fans want the real mortal kombat when it comes to the game. No one wants a goofy versus type of half mortal kombat half comic characters. I mean if people really wanted that they'd play better ones in street fighter and def jam vendetta.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:51 am   
Post subject:

doug wrote:
The thing is in your post right there your stating that all the true mk loyal fans right here are gonna buy the game for sure. But i can tell your right now i wasn't lying when i said im not going to buy it. I can spend my money elsewhere on a better game that the company actually cares about it's fans to please them. Right now what midway needs is for poor sales to happen on that game and they'll wake up and realize true mk fans want the real mortal kombat when it comes to the game. No one wants a goofy versus type of half mortal kombat half comic characters. I mean if people really wanted that they'd play better ones in street fighter and def jam vendetta.

The game hasn't even come out yet, how can you even say how good it is? Def Jame Vendetta, what? That's not a vs. type cross-over game. It's a rapper fighting game.

And Midway doesn't make Mortal Kombat, whatever you have against them is your thing, but as for Ed Boon and the MK team, I only know a few other game makers that are as devoted to fans as they are. Saying that they aren't is pure blasphemy! You do realize they look at fan forums and take into consideration almost everything fans want. And almost every big MK fan-site owner has contant with not only Ed Boon himself, but some of the others in the MK team. Most other big game makers auto-delete fan letters and have no hand in the fan community at all.

You can't complain just because things didn't turn out the way you want. If you don't want the game, don't buy it. Why are you complaining to us?

As for sales, cross-over games bring together TWO fan bases, and god knows DC fan's crave a decent DC fighting game. You can at least expect some pretty decent sales.

As devoted as an MK fan as I am, even I admit there are way better games out there, but if you want Mortal Kombat, this is Mortal Kombat, just with Batman.

You can't judge a game though based on 20 seconds (if that) of clips and a picture.

doug
Mortal Kombat Is Back
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 2147482747

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:05 am   
Post subject:

Legotim wrote:
doug wrote:

The game hasn't even come out yet, how can you even say how good it is? Def Jame Vendetta, what? That's not a vs. type cross-over game. It's a rapper fighting game.

And Midway doesn't make Mortal Kombat, whatever you have against them is your thing, but as for Ed Boon and the MK team, I only know a few other game makers that are as devoted to fans as they are. Saying that they aren't is pure blasphemy! You do realize they look at fan forums and take into consideration almost everything fans want. And almost every big MK fan-site owner has contant with not only Ed Boon himself, but some of the others in the MK team. Most other big game makers auto-delete fan letters and have no hand in the fan community at all.

You can't complain just because things didn't turn out the way you want. If you don't want the game, don't buy it. Why are you complaining to us?

As for sales, cross-over games bring together TWO fan bases, and god knows DC fan's crave a decent DC fighting game. You can at least expect some pretty decent sales.

As devoted as an MK fan as I am, even I admit there are way better games out there, but if you want Mortal Kombat, this is Mortal Kombat, just with Batman.

You can't judge a game though based on 20 seconds (if that) of clips and a picture.

Um this is a Mortal Kombat Forum where your allowed to post your complains or suggestions. Im not the only one who hates what Ed Boon has done with Mortal Kombat. If you read all the other newer topics in mk8 section of the forum you would know nobody likes this decision except for you.

Also if you look earlier in this post you will see the other people who agree in this forum that this game isn't going to be great. Darkspecter is a big big mortal kombat fan like i am and he's even dissappointed and sickening of the direction they went in that he feels too sick to even play the older mortal kombat games. One person just left this board cause of the decision. It's normal that almost every passion fan on this board here right now is pissed off at the direction Ed Boon Went in. You seem to be the only one who likes the idea of the game which is your opinion.

And i know Def Jam Vendetta is a rapper/celebrity game and not a vs game i just named it out of randomness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:17 am   
Post subject:

Im with Doug. Please don't confuse us "true loyal MK fans" for "true hype hoppers-buy anything with the MK logo on it" fans. Special Forces?! Are you kldding me? That's not even on the timeline list of MK games. That's how bad that shit was. We loyal fans buried that thing. And the Sub-Zero MK Mythology was next.

We were promised something better by Boon himself. This is a big slap in the face for me. As far as what the word loyal means, its not that I'm going to support every single thing with the MK logo on it because lets face it, some MK related things out there are just down right EMBARRASSING!

Take for instance the Mortal Kombat 2 film. Oh Jesus, that film was so bad, it Made Ninja Turtles Part 2 look like an award winner film.

Nah man. Quit with the "Aww lets give a chance" routine. Stop trying to convince us its going to be good.
The only real way to fix a problem, is to make our voice be heard loud enough that Boon and Midway will never ever do something as ridiculous, or kiddie friendly as this.

PS. He said no more fatalities either, did you know? Actually, they won't be called fatalities but rather something else of a sort. You know, so that parents won't complain. Even though this game will supposedly have an M rating.

Yeah.. so there you have it. A lot of us are very upset. A lot of us were waiting and wondering what greatness was going to be bestowed upon us after MK Armageddon. A lot of us were hoping for more clarification on character profiles.

But what happens?

Nothing. They trashed it all like it never existed. Literally screwing with all of us and expecting us to say, awww its ok.. we will still follow you because we're "loyal fans" awwww *bats eyes* no pun intended.

Hell no.

I won't stop coming to TMK because honestly, TMK is really cool and theres always something to talk about in the regular chats anyways where I can talk about anything else besides this new travesty.

But I will admit that my visits wont be as frequent now. I was holding my breath this whole time just to see Batman walk by me to let me know he was going to bring all his DC friends and join in an MK game. Rolling Eyes
And I love Batman. Batman rocks. But please dont mix it all up. We havent even gottena good explanation from the last game yet.

No offense to anyone who supports this crap. I never want to direct the sword at fans, but to the producers...man im just really dissapointed. I have 1000.00 saved. I was going to buy as PS3 just for MK8 because im not really much of a gamer. I only really like MK titles. Armageddon left me high and dry, prepared for something much better.

Boring

Last edited by DarkSpecter on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:21 am   
Post subject:

Ok, well then IMO the word "fan" means you like the series and you take the good and bad no matter what, and "sell out" means you leave for something else the moment you think it will suck.

First, don't speak for "everyone" on the forum. If I'm the "only" one here who is excited about this game, then I will gladly leave for another MK forum.

So what if other ppl are disappointed and they "think" the game won't be great. It's not out yet, you can't judge it, you can judge your opinion but not others.

"Passionate" fans can rant all they want, I won't waste my time complaining now, I'll save it for when the game comes out iff it sucks.

Give it 10 weeks and opinions might change. How many MK fans thought MK:SM was going to suck and how many praised it when it came out. It's just too early to give a final judgement and IMO everyone is overreacting (which I'll admit is ok cause it proves how great MK fans are).

So don't critize my opinion, I did not critize yours other than the fact that you were speaking for other people than you.

Sure, I am offended by what Ed Boon did, if you read all my post you would know how excited I was for a true MK8, but my point is this is like a steping stone to the new one. They are just testing grounds. I'm glad everyone listen to what he said. Would you really want the game to suck horribly? If your saying this game sucks then logically you are saying the real one would suck too. I'm done arguing in this topic, why did I start?

Oh yea, cause I'm a fan of MK in a forum that now seams to hate MK.

DarkSpecter
MORTAL KOMBAT
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:31 am   
Post subject:

Well, im not sure if youre typing to me, but i made clear that theres no offense to those who follow this tripe.
And Im totally passing judgment based on content alone. Im sooo not a fan of cross over vs games, and im even less of a fan of DC games too.
I love Mortal Kombat and I would like for it to stay PURE.
Thats coming from a former true fan. As for the whole sell out fan thing ...well hehe, you can say anything you want of course, but sell out to means you just go where ever the hype is at. No matter what. And that hype itself may even have the power to break you away completely from a single franchise over to another.
Theres no real anchor to a hype's interest. Just a logo in his face.

It just sucks that this production has instantly set a division more prominent than those found in past titles.

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:24 am   
Post subject:

I don't want to offend other people's opinions, there are games I like and games that I don't like, and I can understand wanting a series to be pure(Sonic in Brawl? common), especially if you were planing for a real MK8.

I just get offended when people assume the role of everyone and voice there opinion like it's everyones, because that just saying your opinion is better than everyones.

It does suck that this creates a riff in the MK community, but hey it was surprising Wink

Neomic2004
aka Ryan
TMK Kid Thunder

TMK Koins: 20

Items

Post Posted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:04 am   
Post subject:

The only thing that pisses me off about this game is the fact that we were promised a fresh start, with new characters, and a new storyline, but we're getting this crap.

I'm sure the game will be OK at best, but for the people who are supporting it, when you put the disc into your console, just think to yourselves "This could be something so much better." - The real MK8 that we were promised.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next |