Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> TMK Latest News
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
 Mortal Kombat 9 set to be GORY and SHOCKING!! View previous topic :: View next topic  

deathrider
TMK Power Overwhelming
TMK Power Overwhelming

TMK Koins: 2630

Items

Post Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:16 pm   
Post subject:

Scorpion53 wrote:
What I want to see is more interactive environments, more gruesome deathtraps, and more gory ways to finish off your opponents. Darker battle arenas, something that will strike fear into the player. When's the last time someone made an arena that made people say, "Man, I'd rather not play in that place again!"

I couldn't agree more. That feeling of fear is what I got as a kid when I started playing MK first. It was so dark, and so savagely brutal, that it really made my uneasy. That's what has got to return.

I also agree about the death-traps. They really seem to be becoming a heavy element in MK. They make the fights more strategic, as both players try to avoid being consumed by some man-eating shrubbery, or fall into a pit of hot shite, or whatever the case may be. It really gives you that "fighting for your life" kinda feeling when you know that one wrong step could instantly bring death.

www.myspace.com/freakwencyband

the-original-razer
Kombat Konnoisseur
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 60

Items

Post Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:50 pm   
Post subject:

Speaking of feeling uneasy. The first time I played in the Ying-Yang Island level in Deception I freaked out lol The sudden change from trees to snakes???? made me not wanna pick the level for a while lmao

Feels great to be back. Was mighty sick for a while there.

All the best,
Razer Scorpion

PS3 Trophies
Facebook: John Razer
Bebo: the_original_razer
Youtube: theoriginalrazer
Twitter: OriginalRazer

Highest Kreate-A-Fatality: 11 (Ultimate Fatality)

Scorpion53
Firespawn of Hell
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 5

Items

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:42 am   
Post subject:

Can't wait for the first pictures for the game to come up. Hopefully the new designs for the characters will be more impressive than the ones we've seen so far, but hey, before you bash me, I like the costumes they have made, but I'm hoping the new ones are even better. Back on the topic of arenas, I just hope that these new ones breathe some fresh air into the MK games. Twisted Evil
Recent KAF: Hellspawn
Arcade Mode: 423/14
Undefeated with Mileena

the-original-razer
Kombat Konnoisseur
TMK Elder God

Items

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:32 pm   
Post subject:

Same here. Id like to see the Netherealm get a little revamp. Its getting a little stale for me. Anybody feel the same?

All the best,
Razer Scorpion

PS3 Trophies

deathrider
TMK Power Overwhelming
TMK Power Overwhelming

Items

Post Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:52 pm   
Post subject:

I'm just hoping that they don't make all the damn arenas square again like they did in MK:D. The Living Forest, The Dead Pool, and The Pit, all perfectly square? What the fuck is that all about? I makes the arenas look cheap and un-natural. I think the arenas should have a flow to them (an bit of feng shui never hurt anybody, lol), so that they feel more realistic, and less video game-ish.

Nice to have ya back, Razer, man.

the-original-razer
Kombat Konnoisseur
TMK Elder God

Items

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:02 am   
Post subject:

Cheers DeathRider its great to be well again ^-^
I didn't like the square versions of the pit etc either. I think they should be the way they were in the klassics
Imagine the pit man it would be the ultimate "Death Trap" arena lmao BlaBla Oh look you stepped to your right BOOM Uppercut to the bottom!
Frustrating but Nostalgic. Or the Death Trap could only be activated in the "Finish Him/Her" moments. Either way would be great in my eyes.

Just got all the fuckin site themes! haha well apart from the sage ones they are exclusive access. Crying or Very sad Make them public Luke! lol

All the best,
Razer Scorpion

PS3 Trophies

deathrider
TMK Power Overwhelming
TMK Power Overwhelming

Items

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:39 pm   
Post subject:

The pit should be a long thin bridge like it was in the original MK!
Ok, so in this day and age where fighting games are in 3D, it would be incredibly difficult to fight you opponent while watching your step. But that would be the whole fun of it. Perhaps you could edit the width of the Pit in the options. Newer players who are not used to the ways of MK could widen the bridge to suit their fighting skills. Where pro players would play on a thinner bridge.

the-original-razer
Kombat Konnoisseur
TMK Elder God

Items

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 pm   
Post subject:

deathrider wrote:
The pit should be a long thin bridge like it was in the original MK!
Ok, so in this day and age where fighting games are in 3D, it would be incredibly difficult to fight you opponent while watching your step. But that would be the whole fun of it. Perhaps you could edit the width of the Pit in the options. Newer players who are not used to the ways of MK could widen the bridge to suit their fighting skills. Where pro players would play on a thinner bridge.

Exactly! Thats the way I want it. Don't fuck around with the original arenas!
Keep em exactly the same! As you said it would bring a new level of strategy to the plate which veteran players would love.
The options idea is a nice touch too man.

All the best,
Razer Scorpion

PS3 Trophies

machinegoblin
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

TMK Koins: 50

Items

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm   
Post subject:

Mortal Kombat 9? How awesome is that going to be?

Haven't been on TMK for some time, totally missed the whole selling of the franchise and everything and was totally in the dark until recently when I ran into a certain TMK site administrator in the local EB (good to see you mate!) who graciously filled me in on the goss.

It will be interesting to see what direction the franchise's new owners take the characters and storyline and what changes (good or bad) will be made to gameplay.

I'd like to see maybe a little less of the juggling combos, and maybe a little more flow or emphasis on combinations and perhaps even combo breakers that you can string into a reverse combo... that'd be cool.

As for Fatalities, I think they need to go back to the roots and bare basics of MK fatalities. No more of this 26 game pad and button pressing sequences to execute a let down of a fatality (or worse yet, one of those combo fatalities - --!#$@--)... how about no more than 4 - 8 moves to pull off a really satisfying (?) fatality sequence that you get to see from a number of different angles? Now we're talking!

I for one hope they dumb it back down a bit. After all, that was Mortal Kombat's thing and probably a big part of its allure to gamers originally. There weren't any 100 hit combo strings, air attacks, weapons, 6 different fighting styles per character or anything like that... You may say that some people liked these additions, but I honestly think in the end they just made MK into another generic 3d fighter, and with the removal of the old school style fatailities and gameplay flow that we all came to know and love in the original 3 games it just became a bit of a wank and seemed to lose a lot of its true MK "soul".

Also, I dunno about anyone else out there in TMK land, but the character line up towards the end was a bit shit too. I think MK 3 had it pegged with the 12 character line up. Perhaps 16 playable characters, a couple of hidden, and 3 or 4 Boss characters that you can unlock by meeting certaing goals like the other games. I did enjoy the training modes in some of the later games which had you on a journey to complete all the tasks and so on to get used to using all the characters... and piss off MK Tetris and shit like that, because that was just pox.

Thats all I can think of for now... I'm sure I'll be back later on to fill up your forum with mindless diatribe!

Cheers!

"My Kung Fu is stronger!"
myspace.com/machinegoblin

deathrider
TMK Power Overwhelming
TMK Power Overwhelming

Items

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 pm   
Post subject:

I think You've hit the nail on the head there, Machinegoblin. MK must return to it's original format- Dark and fucking violent. I'm still optimistic about the next came and I believe that, if boon keeps his promise, we are all in for a hell of a treat.

I like what you said about combo breakers allowing the playing to string together a reverse combo and come back on top. I think this could really keep players (even MK veterans) on their toes.

machinegoblin
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:28 am   
Post subject:

deathrider wrote:
MK must return to it's original format- Dark and fucking violent.

I like what you said about combo breakers allowing the playing to string together a reverse combo and come back on top. I think this could really keep players (even MK veterans) on their toes.

Glad you agree... Back in a time when Street Fighter 2 was ruling the arcade circuit, MK's "paced" and "shock value" gameplay was what really made it stand out. I'm all for new inclusions and combos and stuff, but I think they really ended up making MK very "run of the mill" as far as 3d fighters go, and was I the only one who noticed that they really lessened the violence and (as I mentioned before) "shock value" in the later games?

I have to admit, I really liked that you could seriously cut short a match with some of the arena fatalities, so they can leave some of them in. I'd really like to see (as others have mentioned) updated versions of the "Bridge" and "Pit" stages... complete with the programmer's heads on spikes at the bottom!

While we're at it, make the Boss(es) challenging but conquerable... by that I mean, difficult but challenging in a way that they don't appear to have some basic unbreakeble attack pattern or moves that you can get stuck in and are impossible to get around. I'd like to see the final Boss fights be able to be approached tactically and with some skill and thought. Make them a spectacle, something really worth achieving, epic and awesome, but not impossible and frustrating or totally insulting either... In the past, they've always been really hit and miss haven't they? You can go 30 rounds with the Dragon King, getting punched into spikes and cheesed out of a win, only to end up locking him into a jump kick pattern and winning... Don't even start me on the boss from Armageddon... Lame.

I hope they make it a more epic, more in your face and grand scale with a massive musical score and all the bells and whistles. It'd be awesome to see this next MK as a game be the one that all fighting fans have to have even if MK isn't your thing...

sethjalen
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 15

Items

Post Posted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:27 am   
Post subject:

how do u see the fatalities Confused

machinegoblin
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

Items

Post Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm   
Post subject:

sethjalen wrote:
how do u see the fatalities Confused

Er... on screen with your eyes? Confused

noob saiboot
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 5

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:04 am   
Post subject:

i think this game should be like mk:Armageddon i think it was the best of all Very Happy

machinegoblin
TMK Kid Thunder
TMK Kid Thunder

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 am   
Post subject:

noob saiboot wrote:
i think this game should be like mk:Armageddon i think it was the best of all Very Happy

MK Armageddon was good... but it wasn't great. To me it felt like maybe not enough effort had been put into its production... my opinion only! Wink

I think the next MK should include only the best or most popular characters and arenas from the previous titles. Any other characters should be created entirely from scratch. While on the subject of characters, I think the create a character should either be completely re-vamped or dropped altogether. Also, each of the characters should have only one fighting and weapon style, simply because I feel like previous titles felt like they were trying to include to much rather than come up with anything new and exciting.

Finally, it'd be cool to see the new MK incorporate a single player tutorial like some of the previous games, but should be in the form of an entire MK Shaolin Monks games that explores more of the MK universe in kind of a 3D adventure. Perhaps complete with online multiplay and downloadable content, maybe Final Fantasy Online or World of Warcraft style? But on a lesser scale...

The more I think about it, the more I like the sound of that last suggestion! Cool

I also found this article on IGN. Given its age, no doubt most of you would have already read it. For those who haven't... here's the link -

http://au.games.ign.com/articles/996/996421p1.html

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next |