Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> General MK Discussion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
 Mortal Kombat Rebirth (KRAP!!!!!) View previous topic :: View next topic  

the-original-razer
Kombat Konnoisseur
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 60

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm   
Post subject: Mortal Kombat Rebirth (KRAP!!!!!)

Check out this trailer for an MK show/movie. Its not from WB!!!!

Prepare dudes its fucking aweful!

According to a twitter post from the RZA its by a dude kalled Kevin Tancharoen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MortalKombatRebirth

Still investigating on this matter. No official word from the Team yet.

Ill post soon.

All the best,
Razer Scorpion

PS3 Trophies
Facebook: John Razer
Bebo: the_original_razer
Youtube: theoriginalrazer
Twitter: OriginalRazer

Highest Kreate-A-Fatality: 11 (Ultimate Fatality)

ChibiHana
Hentai Connoisseur
TMK Master

TMK Koins: 1820

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:43 pm   
Post subject:

um...

did we watch the same trailer?

because to me, that was amazing.

a new side to old characters. a breath of fresh air being pumped into the lungs of a dying franchise.

if this is indeed legit, then this is EXACTLY what Mortal Kombat needs.

I think this has more potential for a movie, but it fits right in with the rumors of MK9 being a rehash of the old story, so I dunno. either way, I'm excited for the possibilities that it could bring.

open your mind a little. this could be a positive thing for all of us. =)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

bloodyshadow
TMK Sage
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:08 pm   
Post subject:

Well well well, I had to SEE it for myself. I scoraged the whole internet watching as person after person laid praise to this abomination to the franchise. I came here in hope that REAL fans would realize what a bad idea this is. I got a little relief from the post only to find that one of the most respected users had stood up for it as well. This is a sad day indeed. Sad, sad day.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ChibiHana
Hentai Connoisseur
TMK Master

Items

Post Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 pm   
Post subject:

wow, ouch.

forgive me for being open-minded and optimistic that this will be something good and entertaining instead of the same droll junk we've gotten for the past 5 or so years.

I realize that opinions are like assholes, but if they're not going to be respected and people are going to be belittled for expressing their thoughts, why even bother to be a part of a forum in the first place?

I can see it from a purist's point of view. this universe and the characters that live in it have been honed to perfection over the years that the franchise has been around, so why try to get better than perfection?

I can understand that, and I respect that point of view.

but from my standpoint, and apparently lots of other people's, this could be something good. the production quality of this movie was really great, the character designs were creative and in-depth (especially considering the length of this trailer), and even though the character designs were different, they still kept the basis of the original.

so, let's get some discussion going here. you guys have said that you don't like the trailer.

give me some reasons why, if you please. I feel like this discussion is really one-sided so far.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

camdman
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 15

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 am   
Post subject:

I thought it looked cool as well, but to me it looked and sounded a bit much like Resident Evil for some reason though it is only 9 minutes of a potentially 2 - 3 hour movie if it is the real deal.

Hopefully we get to see the progression through the tournament while staying true to the roots of the MK Series.

I mean it looks like the gore is there so thats a start in the right direction and a few big name characters making an appearance to please most of us and it looks like it's set around the classic MK timeline MK1 to UMK3 (character wise).

As long as there are no gimmicky things in it like new moves, characters etc in it and is done properly i.e more action it should be good and up there with the best Game - Movie Tie ins.

IgaNinja
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 355

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:16 am   
Post subject:

You guys are tripping,this is what MK needed! and this is how a fighting game film is ment to be made! giving the characters a grounded realistic take while retaining the core story and the gore, Im pumped!!

Chibihana is the only one here so far with a positive outlook besides me,this is what mortal kombat needed to breath life into it again.

subzero look rad and i can only imagine how they will look when tehy enter the tournament,i cant wait if this is a promotional scene from the film.

In Each of us there burns the Soul of a Warrior

Sethiroph
TMK Elder God
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 890

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 am   
Post subject:

I have to say, this if awesome. Yes, it seems that the fans are becoming split on this, but as ChibiHana stated, opinions are like assholes. If we can all live with everyone else's, then hopefully it won't stink too bad.

bloodyshadow
TMK Sage
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:58 am   
Post subject:

[quote="ChibiHana"]wow, ouch.

etc. [quote]

I didn't mean to offend Chibi. I know it's been a few years, but we go back a little. I don't want to hurt your feelings or anything. I'm just REALLY hurt by this movie idea. As ridiculous as it may seem, it kinda feels like a girl just broke up with me. I understand that everyone has an opinion and, with that in mind, my feel that I must make mine heard since everyone is behind this thing. It's the internet... that's what happens.

This idea is fresh and all. I'll definately give it that. But what I liked about MK is what it was ABOUT. This, is MK turned into a mobster/cop movie. A genre I can't stand that is also about as FAR from MK as humanly possible.

What people hated about Annhililation was its cheesy nature and wrong facts. Well, here we have something just as cheesy (albeit in a darker setting) with EVEN MORE WRONG facts.

Don't get me wrong. When I heard they were going to reboot the franchise, I stood behind it. I thought it was a great idea. Give it that dark mood they always wanted but couldn't fully achieve. But that's not what they did here. They turned it into something completely different. We aren't talking about the Dark Knight Joker where the premise is the same (A crazy clown guy who wants nothing more than to unmask Batman and turn him crazy himself) but the little things are different (he wears make-up instead of LOOKING that way.) No, this is, as if, they madde The Joker a robot.

Reptile... not a reptile. Not even close. He's a guy who keeps heads in his fridge. Baraka... Not a mutant race from another world. Nope, now he's some failed surgeon. This isn't a reboot. This is a totally different story that's best for totally different characters. There are no souls or dragons or realms. There's cops, mobsters, and prisoners.

What I don't understand is why people are so happy about this. I know that something like this can, hypathetically, be refreshing, but when I look at something I enjoy I expect... something I enjoy. This has NOTHING to do with MK. NOTHING. Again, it's like taking Friday the 13th and making it a comedy musical. Imagine if you will other alternativves to this:

Shang Tsung : A mob leader in charge of crimals all over the world. His calling card, cutting off people's feet and keeping them in a bookshelf in his training room as a reminder of how much he hates the world (You Sole is mine!)

Kitana and Mileena - Twin sisters who joined the force at the same time. Kitana never wanted to have Mileena as her partner after she saw her last one get chopped up in a fan. Also, Mileena's a bit of a bad cop while Kitana is clean cut and does eveything by the books.

Shao Kahn - As high up on the mobster chain hierarchy as it gets, Shao Kahn tells everyone what to do and what to push. Any who defy or object is fed to his pet tiger, Kintaro.

Raiden - Brian Raiden, an electrician who frequently works on the wiring in the police station, always wanted to be a cop. He'll stay in the shadows doing his electrical work while the cops do their jobs. What they don't know is, while no one's looking, Raiden will slip clues and help solve crimes protecting these earthlings, you might say.

It's just ridiculous and could be done with anyone. It's just another poorly thought out cop movie premise that I didn't think MK would come CLOSE to. I can't believe I even have to make this argument. Then again, I never thought I'd have to make an argument as to why Sub-Zero was fighting Superman either. It's pathetic that they will do anything to their franchise now and it's even more pathetic that they've fucked it up so much the loyal and caring fans are happy about them taking something COMPLETELY different and saying it's the best thing that could happen to it.

If I want a cop movie, I'll watch a cop movie. If I want magic, dragons, karate, gore, souls, realms... INTERESTING THINGS, I'll play MORTAL KOMBAT!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ChibiHana
Hentai Connoisseur
TMK Master

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:57 am   
Post subject:

bloodyshadow wrote:
*insert well-thought out debate here, cut for space*

oh man, thank you. this is exactly what I hoped for when I said "let's give some reasons for not liking this trailer".

thanks for contributing to the discussion. =)

one thing we have to think about with this trailer is that we only saw 8 minutes and some change of what COULD be a new movie. I think this trailer was for a movie, and not for the next game, simply because such a big Hollywood budget seemed to be put into this. so why would they put in so much money and effort into something that isn't going to be fleshed out so it can make your company more money, right?

anyway.

the point I wanna make is that, if my assumptions are correct, what we saw was only a small portion of what they have in store for us. there may be more mysticism and fantasy beyond what we saw in the trailer.

I dunno. I'm still optimistic about this whole thing. even if the direction is completely changed, I still have faith that the character basis will be kept intact and that a quality story will be put into place.

Jabbawocky
Elder God Jabbawocky
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 2210

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:13 am   
Post subject:

The trailer itself is pretty cool. A re-imagining of a series that, let's face it, had run out of steam. Reboot or remake is the wrong word as that would imply the same premise with only certain do-overs. This has broken down Mortal Kombat to its foundations and begun to re-build from the ground up.

However, until the actual product is revealed, I reserve my right to get excited. From the get go though it looks like we are onto something good.

Veen
Shirai Ryu Disciple
TMK Kid Thunder

TMK Koins: 85

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 pm   
Post subject:

I agree completely with ChibiHana…not only is this a much needed breath of fresh air as mentioned but it has the potential to pull new fans into the almost dead franchise…its pretty simple…more fans means more support and money and more of those things means…yup, the possibility of more games and that as I understand it is why we are all here in the first place. It’s sad to me that we complain when nothing happens in the world of MK, but when something does happen we get on our judgment seats and start shooting it down …I personally am seriously excited at the possibilities that this movie could bring…at least from what I’ve seen so far, it’s not gonna be another PG13 film (thank god). Change is inevitable…whether this preview is real or not... it has given us “a taste of things to come” in regards to how open we are to the possibilities of change.

But wow i'm excited

Laughing

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.--Malcolm Forbes

Jabbawocky
Elder God Jabbawocky
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:59 pm   
Post subject:

Right got some information on the whole thing now.

Jeri Ryan, who played Sonya Blade in the trailer, through a series of Twitter posts claims that this was a directors attempt to sell an new movie based on an reimagining of Mortal Kombat.

Nothings concrete. This may just flicker and fade but due to the mostly positive reactions of viewers there is a chance it will be taken up.

scorpion_master
Master Of Scorpions
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 2147483647

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:55 pm   
Post subject:

Meh, looks good to me. If this is real I'll be looking forward to watching this. Smile

Lupta-te in arena cu jocuri mortal kombat si arata ca stii sa te bati

ChibiHana
Hentai Connoisseur
TMK Master

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:19 pm   
Post subject:

Jabbawocky wrote:

Jeri Ryan, who played Sonya Blade in the trailer, through a series of Twitter posts claims that this was a directors attempt to sell an new movie based on an reimagining of Mortal Kombat.

Nothings concrete. This may just flicker and fade but due to the mostly positive reactions of viewers there is a chance it will be taken up.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Seven of Nine was in this trailer.

I actually rewound the video so I could watch her again. I love that woman. <3

Jabbawocky
Elder God Jabbawocky
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:38 pm   
Post subject:

ChibiHana wrote:
Jabbawocky wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that Seven of Nine was in this trailer.

I actually rewound the video so I could watch her again. I love that woman. <3

Aye, she would make an excellent Sonya if the film was made. Heck she would have been pretty cool if she was cast in an MK film that was based around the normal premise.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next |