Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> Mortal Kombat 9
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    
 Going toPAX East. Any requests on info? View previous topic :: View next topic  

bloodyshadow
TMK Sage
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:19 am   
Post subject: Going toPAX East. Any requests on info?

As it says. PAX is in a couple of weeks. I'm PLAYING THIS DAMN GAME! Anyone want me to keep an eye out on certain things to report?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Amphibious
The Shadowy Usurper
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 1010

Items

Post Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:24 am   
Post subject:

Keep your eyes out for Smoke and Jade in the background of the Living Forest, and Rain in the background of the Cathedral stage. Wink

bloodyshadow
TMK Sage
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 am   
Post subject:

Amphibious wrote:
Keep your eyes out for Smoke and Jade in the background of the Living Forest, and Rain in the background of the Cathedral stage. Wink

The Cathedral wasn't in the PAX build. There was no sign of Smoke or Jade in the Living Forest... but in Goro's Lair, there is a shadowy figure chasing and then being chased by one of the oni throughout the background. Looks like it COULD be Smoke. But I'm not saying it was because it's REALLY hard to tell.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

jcsix
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 40

Items

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 am   
Post subject:

bloodyshadow wrote:
Amphibious wrote:

The Cathedral wasn't in the PAX build. There was no sign of Smoke or Jade in the Living Forest... but in Goro's Lair, there is a shadowy figure chasing and then being chased by one of the oni throughout the background. Looks like it COULD be Smoke. But I'm not saying it was because it's REALLY hard to tell.

Hopefully it is Smoke, or the shadowy figure could be Noob.

How did the other character look/play like?

bloodyshadow
TMK Sage
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:38 pm   
Post subject:

jcsix wrote:
bloodyshadow wrote:
Amphibious wrote:

Hopefully it is Smoke, or the shadowy figure could be Noob.

How did the other character look/play like?

Well, Noob Saibot was playable in the build so that would be kind of weird.
But maybe.

I'll give a list of my personal experience:

Scorpion - Fast paced and has some of the coolest pre-set combos. watch out, though, because it feels so much like the older games that your muscle memory makes you do the OLDER inputs and they aren't the same as the older games. Scorpion's spear is TECHNICALLY what would be Back, back, HIGH punch and his teleport punch is Down, Back Low punch. I talked to Labarron and he said it was to keep people who played the newer games in the loop.

His X-ray - Teleport punch starts it. No juggle opportunity afterward.

Liu Kang - Again, one of the fastest characters (as he should be) and his X-ray offers the best chance to juggle after. But don't worry, it does the least damage.

His X-ray - Cartwheel kick starts it. Has the best juggle because of the highest pop-up.

Kung Lao - Is an air juggling fiend. His teleport and bullet kick makes him a force to be reckoned with. He has a LOT of special moves compared to the other characters, too.

His X-ray - Quick strike starts it. There's a slight popup afterward that opens up for a combo, but nothing I could do with the time I had with the build.

Sub-Zero - Was one of the only characters I had trouble with. He's pretty slow but he's a hard hitter. His ice "puddle" must hit the opponent. It longer applies if you jump onto it afterward.

His X-Ray - Starts with a frozen should rush. The shoulder can be delayed, though, so you can actually time it. No opportunity for juggle.

Noob Saibot - Or just "Noob." "Saibot" is his clone. Super fun. His clone is VERY prominent. His "No-block ball" is just that. You can't block BUT you can still attack so it's not broken and cheap and it doesn't last as long without doing an enhanced version.

His X-Ray - Starts with his clone running from the BACK of r screen towards Noob. No juggle opportunity put puts some distance between the two characters.

Ermac - Most fun character in the build IMO. When his teleslam connects, it's so satisfying and helpful. He's quick and all of his combos flow so well.

His X-ray - Starts with a teleslam. No juggles.

Reptile - Not as clunky as he looks at all. His attacks are mostly close range and quick, he has some longer attacks, but they leave him vulnerable. He makes up for it, though with his HUGE arsenal of ranged, and rushing special attacks.

His X-ray - Starts with his shoud rush. No juggle but puts a lot of distance between you two.

Kitana - She was average. It didn't have as much fun with her as some of the older players did and some people at PAX. She's not bad, but nothing stood out TO ME. But she has a lot of potential. Honestly, not very memorable TO ME.

Her X-ray - The coolest and most brutal in the build next to Noob Saibot. Unfortunately, no juggles and no distance.

Johny Cage - Will become one of your new favorite character. I never liked Johnny Cage and had no interrest in playing as him. He was so much fun. He's possiblly the fast character with the quickest moves and his shadow attack seem to always give him a big final hit.

His X-ray - As we all know is a counter. It lasts a long time thoughso be careful attacking him. There's a slight juggle opportunity which, again, his shadow moves help continue the flow. It does a LOT of damage, but again, it's a counter so it still needs to be stategic.

Kano - He's got a lot of grabs. This one move specifically worth mentioning when he garbs you, puts his thumbs in your eyes and shakes your head. It's a great way to end a combo. He's all over the place and it seems like he's going to be big online. Lots of varied attacks.

His X-ray - Starts with a close range rushing grab. No juggle, but puts a LOT of distance between the characters.

Mileena - IMO the least fun. Lebarron and Rigo both said that they were tricky to learn but once you do she was amazing... but with a demo at PAX and the demo at home I couldn't figure out what the hell the big deal was. She doesn't flow very well and her specials (save for the teleport kick) aren't very useful. We'll see.

Her X-ray - Starts with a rush attack. No juggles and not a lot of distance.

Nightwolf - Surprisingly fun to play as. His upward axe gives him a lot of juggle opportunities and his arrows and should ram help the combos along. Not too quick, but useful. Very useful.

His X-ray - Starts with a should rush. No juggles, but loads of distance.

Cyrax - Is great. Next to Ermac he was the most fun. His attacks are all over the place and his combos are super easy to pull off. His air throw is a little trick to connect when the opponent flies over you, but helps a lot when trying to end one in front of you. One problem, though, he seems to do his air throw at the end of a combo regardless. Trying to end it with his popup attack seemed to always make him do the air throw even though it wasn't the same button combination. Either way, though, he was SO much fun. Ermac and Cyrax Tag team in my future.

His X-Ray - Starts witha close range chest explosion. No juggle. Not much distance. Pretty decent damage, though.

Sonya - Sonya feels a little stiff at some points but as a whole, she's okay. Her arch kick is devastating so watch out. Her combos vary but are nothing special. I thinks she'll be more of a special move character rather than raw strikes.

Her X-ray - This is the best connection and further supports my theory. It STARTS with an autocombo. No juggles and no distance, though.

Jax - Not as grapple heavy as we were lead to believe. I only got play as him once, though so I may just not have gotten full potential. He hits hard and I will use him with more strikes ending with grapples rather than connecting grapple to grapple. His rushing fist is VERY useful.

His X-ray - Starts with a rush grab. Slight juggle opportunity, very little distance.

Sektor - Fun and that's all I really have to say. I could tell that there was a LOT of potential there, but I didn't grasp it. I guess it must have been the people I was fighting or the enviroment of PAX, but I couldn't harness his full potential and it's a shame because he's definately going to be useful once figured out.

His X-ray - Starts with a missle projectile. Big damage, no juggle, full distance.

Any more questions I will answer.

Sethiroph
TMK Elder God
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 890

Items

Post Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:33 pm   
Post subject:

Nice character coverage. Game is really looking awesome.

jcsix
TMK Visitor
TMK Visitor

TMK Koins: 40

Items

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:20 am   
Post subject:

Really good coverage of the other people in the game who was not in the demo. I agree 100% with you'r view on Cage. He's the one I play as the most on the Demo. Noob sound like he will be fun to play as aswell.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
|