Mortal Kombat: Conquest
Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins
Mortal Kombat: DOTR

Cast
Video Cast Bio's
Game Cast Bio's
Cast Interviews

Google

All Kontent is ©Total Mortal Kombat 1999 - 2014 and may not be used on another website without permission from the webmaster.

totalmortalkombat.com Forum Index -> General MK Discussion
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next  
 Why is Scorpion so popular anyway? View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

TMK Koins: 900755

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:31 am   
Post subject: Why is Scorpion so popular anyway?

I never really liked Scorpion. I mean, he does play a big role and he was an original, but i can't but feeling that maybe there are other characters that may surpass him. I mean, he goes around getting revenge on Sub-Zero, while Quan Chi is the one to blame. So now he has 2 enemies. He is neutral. He only fights for himself. I just dont get it.

*This is not intended to be Scorpion-hate thread, but this isn't a Scorpion shrine either.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Legotim
ts legotim
TMK Defender

TMK Koins: 0

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:47 am   
Post subject:

I like Scorpion cause off his head really being a skull and his spear move is awsome too. Also which Sub-Zero are you talking about cause the older Sub-Zero(MK1, Noob Saibot) he hated and got revenge on, the younger Sub-Zero(MK2,3,4...) he tried to protect.

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:45 am   
Post subject:

When did Scorpion ever try to protect the 2nd sub-zero? In his ending in MK4, he was about to kill Sub-Zero, but got by stopped by Quan Chi when Quan Chi revealved to Scorpion that he killed Scorpion and his family. Also, if he did get his revenge with MK1 sub-zero, then why does it say under Scorpions MK:Deception biography that his enemies are Quan Chi AND Sub-Zero. Shouldn't it be Noob Saibot instead of Sub-Zero? - Noob was the original Sub-Zero that he got his revenge on? Besides, this is going off-topic, i just want to know WHY scorpion is so great. I mean the only reason scorpion is the most advertised and cool-looking is becasue scorpion is Ed Boon's favorite character.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Malaris
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

TMK Koins: 2146978647

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:24 pm   
Post subject:

My faves are reptile, subby, scorpion in that order.

I think those 3 have always been house faves, but I would say that Sub zero was the most popular until they changed him in the newer games, and reptile is obviously completely different from his original versions.

So I guess scorpion is the only one who hasn't changed too drastically, and therefore people still love him. Confused

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:47 pm   
Post subject:

Its just thar people have it in thier minds that scorpion will kick @$$ so that they wont give other characters a fair chance.

zero
RoS partner in TMK
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 2146483672

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:25 pm   
Post subject:

the only reason that people like him is that he has a cool outfit cool moves and i got a question for you who do you like as a character

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:42 pm   
Post subject:

I have a soft spot for everyone. And my favorites always change week from week. Right now my favorite would be Li Mei. However, i wouldn't get mad if they decide to kill off li Mei in the next game. Her ending in MK:Deception, was a shocker and i was a little mad. But if that ending were true, then i woudn't care.

scorpion_master
Master Of Scorpions
TMK Elder God

TMK Koins: 2147483647

Items

Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:51 pm   
Post subject:

zero wrote:
the only reason that people like him is that he has a cool outfit cool moves and i got a question for you who do you like as a character

that is the reason i like him and i like him cause he's a ninja kind of dude...and his spear was my fav move.. Wink and my second fav is sub

Lupta-te in arena cu jocuri mortal kombat si arata ca stii sa te bati

Total-MK
TMK Grandmaster
TMK Grandmaster

TMK Koins: 22635

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:22 am   
Post subject:

Jay: in MK2 Scorpion protected Sub-Zero's brother in Scorpions Ending.
Don't h8 Scorpion <3

Regards,

The Real Mortal Kombat Episode:[ 1 2 3 ]

Highest Kreate-A-Fatality: 10 (Extreme Fatality)
Latest Kreate-A-Fighter: Zottra
Konquest Mode: 100%
Arcade Mode: Clocked 34/64
Motor Kombat: 1st 5/5

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:57 am   
Post subject:

I dont hate Scorpion but i dont like him either. His ending is not true. Only Liu Kang's ending was. Back then only ONE ending comes true.

Boo yeah!
score one for Jay

Warrior of Zaterra
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

usa.gif

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:06 am   
Post subject:

Jay wrote:
I dont hate Scorpion but i dont like him either. His ending is not true. Only Liu Kang's ending was. Back then only ONE ending comes true.

Boo yeah!
score one for Jay

And that proves what? Only one ending is a true ending in the series, but they still provide a series of "what ifs" based on who you play as.

Anyway, I enjoy scorpion because he is a ninja, but his moves were always appealing. His evolution has definitely been for the better, his martial arts styles and moves are well done. Always been drawn to the ninjas, but he just has this amazing following that really is unknown to me.

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:43 am   
Post subject:

Warrior of Zaterra: Like i said before, Scorpion has never tried to guard the 2nd Sub-Zero outside of his ending in MK2. All that is shown in ALL MK games after MK2 is his hate for Sub-Zero 2. for one thing, look at Scorpions ending in MK4, where he is about to kill Sub-Zero 2. However, he is stooped by Quan Chi. Quanchi reveals the he is the one who murdered scorpion and his family. Quan Chi sends Scorpion to the Netherealm, but scorpion grabs Quan Chi and they both get to the Netherealm (this ending is true by the way, as shown in MK:DA). If indeed Scorpion's revenge was only for the original Sub-Zero, then Scorpion's list of foes (shown in Deception) should contain Noob-Saibot.

Also, "what-ifs" are what they are. They are not facts; they are nothing but ideas that people wonder about, so no one can say that they are true or use them to prove facts wrong.

I just really dislika the fact that Scorpion is automatically put before others by fans. Some people don't even give other characters a chance because they assume Scorpion will be the best of all of them. If anything, i would like MK7 to NOT include Scorpion and/or Sub-Zero. I know that would be impossible though, becasue Ed Boon's favorite character is none other than Scorpion.

Warrior of Zaterra
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

usa.gif

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:48 am   
Post subject:

Its not like anyone is really forcing you to play as Scorpion anyhow. I mean you've at least got ten other characters to choose from in the games. So that should satisfy your needs to avoid Scorpion. And if a newer collection, similar to MK Trilogy comes out, there will be at least 30 chars to use other then Scorpion

You've also go to recall that Scorpion was not in MK3, and they delved a little deeper into Scorpions background with MK4 thanks in part to MKM Sub Zero, allowing everyone to understand the whole change that took place.

But MK can also be inconsistent, we've seen it with Reptile for sure, his story is always changing somehow

Jay
An Empty Shell
TMK Sage

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:58 am   
Post subject:

I understand that all MK characters have thier moments in the spotline, and i apologize if i seem to hate Scorpion (which i don't). I do use Scorpion, as he is a easy and fun character to play with.
All i am saying is that most people tend to assume that Scorpion will be better than all the all others. For example, i lately i have been playing the Boot and Immune game, but i know that there is no point to playing it, becasue we all know who will win: Scorpion. So far ( for the last several days) he has been immune and the safest from being booted.
I dont mind that Scorpion is around, i mean he has a kool story, kickass moves and great fatalities.

Warrior of Zaterra
TMK Temple Monk
TMK Temple Monk

usa.gif

Items

Post Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:06 am   
Post subject:

well, no offense, but if you're getting into a huff over the boot/immune game then you should just relax. Wraith may or may not be a huge Scorpion fan, but you're just seeing the hefty Scorpion fan base in action. There really is no point in playing it since people really will eliminate the others in light of Scorpion, you never know if that will really happen, but...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31  Next |